Maya Artisans of the Yucatan transform copper filigree into a welcoming hammock. Extra large in size, this hammock from Maya Artists of the Yucatan is bordered with crocheted lace, tassels and pinewood beads. Long before the Spanish arrived upon the coasts of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Maya preferred to sleep and rest in hammocks. They considered the hammock to be like the loving embrace of a mother, due to the comfortable manner in which the body is held and swung within its cradle. Maya Artists of the Yucatan seek to preserve time-honored customs while also offering stylized versions of the original Maya hammock. For them, the hammock is a work of art. Their hammocks are incredibly comfortable, easy to maintain, and may be stored just about anywhere. It easily packs for travel to the beach or lake.
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity
- Product info: 100% nylon with pinewood beads
- Hanging accessories included
- Size may vary slightly; Holds up to 450 lbs.
Details: Extender ropes (measuring 1 meter), hammock hooks ("S" hooks), and step-by-step instructions included for easy installation. NOTE: Because each is woven individually by hand, measurements may vary by as much as ten centimeters. There may be slight color variations from hammock to hammock.
Package Dimensions: 12.5 x 6.1 x 3.5 inches