Navy blue and white create the illusion of soothing frothy waves in the design of this cotton hammock. The design is by Maya Artists of the Yucatan, who use traditional weaving techniques with experienced skill. Long before the Spanish arrived upon the coasts of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Maya preferred to sleep and rest in hammocks. They considered the hammock to be like the loving embrace of a mother, due to the comfortable manner in which the body is held and swung within its cradle. Maya Artists of the Yucatan seek to preserve time-honored customs while also offering stylized versions of the original Maya hammock. For them, the hammock is a work of art. Their hammocks are incredibly comfortable, easy to maintain, and may be stored just about anywhere. Please note: For best results, store indoors when not in use. Colors may bleed when wet. NOTE: Because each is woven individually by hand, measurements may vary by as much as ten centimeters. There may be slight color variations from hammock to hammock.
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity
- Product info: 100% cotton, nylon ropes, steel rings
- Hanging accessories included
- Not weather resistant; Holds up to 450 lbs.
Package Dimensions: 12.7 x 7.7 x 4.1 inches