- Size: 3.9 ft. W x 13.1' H
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Maya Artists of the Yucatan.
- Product info: 70% cotton, 30% nylon
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we'll do everything we possibly can to ensure you're a happy customer.
About this item:The subtle tonal variations of natural cotton bring beauty to this hand-woven Yucatecan hammock. Its weave molds to the contours of the body for unparalleled comfort. Long before the Spanish arrived upon the coasts of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Maya preferred to sleep and rest in hammocks. They considered the hammock to be like the loving embrace of a mother, due to the comfortable manner in which the body is held and swung within its cradle. Maya Artists of the Yucatan seek to preserve time-honored customs while also offering stylized versions of the original Maya hammock. For them, the hammock is a work of art. Their hammocks are incredibly comfortable, easy to maintain, and may be stored just about anywhere. It easily packs for travel to the beach or lake. Extender ropes (measuring 1 meter), hammock hooks ("S" hooks), and step-by-step instructions included for easy installation. NOTE: Because each is woven individually by hand, measurements may vary by as much as ten centimeters. There may be slight color variations from hammock to hammock.
Bed size : 78" L x 48" W
Total length : 158" L
70% cotton, 30% nylon
Holds up to 300 lbs.
- 'S' hooks and extender ropes included
- Hanging instructions included
- Holds up to 300 lbs.