This Brazilian hammock is woven of cotton by the talented Hammock Artisans of Ceará. They crochet floral fringes by hand and include sturdy eucalyptus spreader bars for comfort.
- Size: 91″ L x 65″ W
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Hammock Artisans of Ceará.
- Product info: 100% cotton and eucalyptus wood
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured – we’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure you’re a happy customer.
Please Note: the hand-crocheted side panels may vary somewhat in pattern from the image shown. However, the overall style and color will remain the same.
– Hand wash only
– Hanging accessories not included
– Holds up to 300 lbs.
– Not weather resistant
About our Artist: Antonio Jose, from Hammock Artisans of Ceara, has been making hammocks for over 20 years. This now allows him to offer work to over 100 women from the area. The hammock’s main body is woven on a loom, and then it is distributed among groups of women to finish. They usually work from home so they may continue looking after their children. Many of the women have taught their techniques to their daughters and granddaughters, thus ensuring the hammock-making tradition is kept alive.
Package Dimensions: 45.0 x 5.0 x 5.0 inches