Hammock Town is hiring a “Digital Content Marketing Coordinator” to lead the strategy for the top Hammock blog in the outdoor adventure and outdoor home furnishing industry.
The Hammock Town blog currently sees 10,000 unique pageviews per month and the goal is to grow that to 50,000 by 2018. The content marketing coordinator will be responsible for managing the content calendar and leading the strategy for content marketing growth.
This is an unpaid internship. This internship will prepare you to lead the content marketing strategy for eCommerce businesses and how to scale digital content into sales. The internship contract runs for 1 year and will include a letter of recommendation.
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization (On Page SEO, Off Page SEO, Keyword Research)
- eCommerce Marketing & Competitor Research
- Social Media Marketing (Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterst, Google +, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Ello)
- Be eager to learn, + ask tons of questions
- Start developing a personal brand
- Be available 8 hours per week
- Be detail oriented and organized
Hammock Town has 2 main demographics/customer personas and the blog needs to be segmented to target each persona.
Derek is an avid backpacker and hammocker, he needs the most lightweight equipment. Derek probably owns 1-3 hammocks and switches between them depending on how light he needs his backpack to be.
Derek might have switched from tent camping to hammock camping and now needs to invest in a hammock tarp, underquilt, mosquito net and other hammock gear. He might be known as a “Hammock Head”
Derek’s product mix might look like:
- Skeeter Beeter Hammock
- Twisted Root Straps
- Aqua Quest Rain Tarp
- Blue Ridge Camping Hammock
- Amok Hammock
Susan is a home decor enthusiast. She loves blending the outdoors and indoors and wants her family to spend more time outside.
Her husband is Derek and he loves to grill, they have 3 kids and a big backyard. Susan invests in unique outdoor furniture every couple years, she also loves to recommend products on Pinterest to her friends.
Susan’s product mix might look like:
To apply please email Hello [at] HammockTown.com following the instructions below:
- Subject line: [Your Name] Content Marketing Coordinator: Hammock Town Internship Application
- In 140 characters or less, describe content marketing.
- In 140 characters or less, describe what makes Hammock Town unique
- Include links to your social network profiles