What is an aerial hoop? The Aerial Hoop, also known as “Lyra”, is a metal apparatus (steel or aluminium) that looks like a suspended hula-hoop. Aerial hoops are usually available in single point and double point configurations. Selecting an Aerial Hoop our measurements are taken from the inner diameter instead of outer, which enables you to have the correct distance you need from your head to the upper bar. Properly sizing an aerial hoop or Lyra comes down to personal preference, and what you are comfortable with.
A method of selecting an aerial hoop is to sit in a chair, measure from the seat of the chair to the top of the head, and add 2 inches. The number of points your aerial hoop has will depend on how you are going to use it, what effect you are after and what you are comfortable with. The following is a list of just a few things you might want to take into account when choosing your aerial hoop: Double point hoops allow less overall movement, they also allow for an extra range of poses to be performed on the top bar. However, due to the method of rigging they do take up more vertical space. Single point hoops tend to rotate a lot more, however they allow for you to rig in smaller spaced areas. Double point hoops allow you to perform moves that tip forward and back with a smaller amount of lateral movement. Single point allows the hoop to rotate so additional moves can be performed.
Brand: runner deer
- This is a complete aerial hoop setup. Ready to hang and start performing. It comes with a lyra/aerial ring, attachment carabiners, a swivel, and 3-foot long spanset. load tested to 300kg.
- This is a standard aerial hoop that will fit most aerialists. It is made from hollow steel tube and width is 32mm.You have your choice of 0 point,single or double point lyra.You can choose between a 31"(80cm)hoop,33"(85cm)hoop ,35"(90cm)hoop,37"(95cm)hoop,39"(100cm)hoop.
- Selecting an aerial hoop:33" Lyra is generally best for a performer under 5'6"; 35" Lyra is generally best for a performer under 5'8"; 37" Lyra is generally best for a performer under 6'.
- For the single point lyra set you receive three carabiners, one swivel, and one 3 ft spanset.
- For the double point lyra set you receive four carabiners, one swivel, and two 3ft spansets.For Tabless lyra set have two carabiners, one swivel, and one spanset.This should be all you need to rig your new lyra in most venues.
Package Dimensions: 34.0 x 34.0 x 2.0 inches