There is no better feeling than hiking on an adventurous trail with a relaxation machine you don't even know is there. Chances are if you you landed on our camping and hiking hammocks page, you want to learn how to become a backcountry hammocker.
Why are hammocks becoming more popular than tents for camping?
- Camping Hammocks are super lightweight, typically 3lbs lighter than most tents!
- Nylon Parachute Hammocks pack down extremely small and take up no room in your pack (grapefruit size) [Pro tip] some folks even tie them to their shorts or the outside of their backpack.
- Unlike a tent ⛺️, you don't need to search for perfectly even ground with no rocks, sticks, bugs, snakes, scorpions. You can set up your camping hammock anywhere you can find 2 trees 10' - 15' apart.
- Easier set up and take down than a tent, with no knot tree straps setting up your hammock has never been easier!
- Camping hammocks are among the most comfortable things in the universe, right next to cuddling puppies.
Shop camping hammocks from the best hammock brands, including your favorites Amok, Byer of Maine, Clark Jungle Hammocks, Coalatree Hammocks, Crazy Creek Hammocks, ENO Hammocks, Grand Trunk Hammocks, Hennessy Hammocks, Humming Bird Hammocks, Kammok, Lawson Hammock, Serac Hammocks, Sierra Madre Research, and Twisted Root Hammocks.
You'll want to consider a mosquito/bug net or choose a hammock with the integrated netting. If you plan on hammock camping in all weathers you might also want to invest in a hammock tarp to keep you protected from extreme sun or rain.
For those in the cold temperatures you should look into underquilts that will insulate you from freezing temperatures.