Tree tents, hammock tents, suspended tents, call it what you want to call it, we are calling it a camping revolution. Never again do you have to hear your girlfriend say:
I’m not going to sleep on the ground!
If you aren’t convinced you will be after these pictures.
Tree Tents – Hammocktown’s Top Picks
Here are the 19 best tree tents for you to go splurge your money on!
The Flite+ is the best ultralight two-person tree tent in the world. It is the perfect size for backpacking and adventuring into the wild for days at a time. The Flite Tree Tent comes features a cross brace for extra headroom, & the Flite+ is more spacious than its predecessor.
With The Flite+ Tree Tent you enjoy a full insect mosquito mesh top with 2 doors and a removable rain fly for breathtaking views. A tree tent can be suspended or can be pegged out to the ground, creating a covered porch area and multi-story camping base.
Flite+ Tree Tent Need to Knows:
- Due to its minimal size, the Flite+ is suitable for persons below 6’1″/184cm and 220kg/485lbs.
- 4 Seasons
- 10 minute set up time
- Weight: approximately 3.2kg / 7lbs
- Watch the video on how to set up your Flite+ Tree Tent
This hammock, tent and tree tent combo is one of the most practical backpacking tree tents available. With a 3 minute set up and weighing in at less than 5lbs it is quite perfect for your backpacking adventures.
Winning a number of awards this hammock tent has been rated #1 by Backpacker Magazine & Outside Magazine
It’s built for one person to sleep comfortably but we’ve tested it’s limits with 2 people and a pup! (Rated up to 275lbs) Even if you aren’t going backpacking you can take your Lawson Hammock Tent wto the beaches and stay protected from the mosquitos.
Lawson Tree Tent Need to Knows:
- Weighing only 4.25 lb
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs.
- Length: 90 in.
- Width: 36 in.
- Watch the video on setting up your Blue Ridge Camping Hammock
This Tree Tent is crafted from from long lasting nylon fabrics and aluminum framing. The TreePod can be attached to any hanging point via durable webbing straps and a steel quick link.
The fabric is weather resistant and treated with a durable water repellent for all-weather fun while a UV-coating offers additional protection from the sun’s rays. This Tree Tent has a zip-up door, mesh windows, which offers ready-to-use hideaway kids will love.
The TreePod is lightweight, portable and fully removable, it’s the perfect solution for those who do have the time, resources, and/or do not want to go through the hassle of building a permanent treehouse.
Oasis Pool Cleaning.
6. Cocoon Hanging Tree Tent
7. Free Spirit Spheres $199 – $315 per night
This unique treehouse resort for adults is open year round in an enchanted coastal rainforest on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. This is the gorgeous Free Spirit Sphere Eve the first of 3 built.
8. Waldseilgarten-Hoellschlunct – $300 per night
Campers at the Waldseilgarten-Hoellschlunct adventure camp in Bavaria sleep in tents that hang from trees. The dangling shelters are known as “The Hotel of 5 Billion Stars”. If you happen to be in Germany for $250 Euros you can stay in one of these incredible tree tents.
9. Kammok Sunda
It’s a hammock, no it’s a tent no it’s all 3! Feast your eyes on this hybrid tree tent by the team at Kammok! The Sunda is a camp-changing hammock tent, designed for the modern day adventurer and fit for all occasions, on any terrain, at any time!
10. Raindrop Tree Tent
These teardrop tree tents make excellent treetop retreats for campers, kids, and anyone soothed by an evening spent softly swaying among the branches. Each meticulously formed tree tent droplet attaches directly to a tree trunk and is roomy enough to sleep a family of four.
The interior boasts a cozy hardwood sleeping platform and a round mattress with enough space for 2-3 adults or 5-6 children. The form of these tree tents developed naturally when Dré Wapenaar hung a circular platform with a rope on the side of a tree, the dew drop formation was just practical for hanging on a tree without causing it any damage. Tree Tents are available for rent 5 months out of the year at the Hertshoorn campground in the Netherlands!
11. Nube Tree Tents & Hammock Shelters
The Nubé Hammock Camping Shelter is a game changer for Hammockers around the world! The Nube has been featured on:
- Outside Magazine
- Backpacker’s Magazine
- Men’s Health
Nubé tree tents are made of a strengthened fabric with seam strengths tripled from previous version. The team at Sierra Madre Research reshaped the patterns for increased interior space crafting a larger gear storage area.
12. Luminair Spherical Tree Tents – $12,500
The frame is encompassed by a Marine grade fabric canopy and can be further enhanced with a insulation layer and inner liner if required. Tree Tents are designed to get into tricky spaces… they can be assembled on site with minimal ‘carry-in’ and rigged to adapt to a host of different trees and positions.
- UV protected fabric allows children to play safely in the sun away from harmful rays with a UV protection factor of 50+
- 4 tethers, one on each corner, allow the Treepee® to be secured for a less mobile ride.
- There are pockets on the inside for storage and a bag on a pulley allows essential supplies to be hauled up into the ‘den’.
- Bug nets on the windows allow air to circulate without letting critters in.
*A maximum hanging height of 0.5m is recommended. The Treepee® measures 1.5m x 1.5m x 2.6m. The Treepee® comes in Green, Khaki and pink
Hanging Teepes or Cacoons create a perfect oasis anywhere you are. Creating a safe bolthole in the Miami Jungle for the weaver bird, Cacoon World has turned it into your own private world anywhere you are.
15. Flying Tent: 3 in 1 Tree Tent
- Smart pop-up construction allows the flying tent to be set up within a few seconds.
- This lightweight 3-season tree tent comes with fiberglass poles and storm lines for unlikely wind and weather.
- The rainfly is made of ripstop nylon & both sides are coated with PU and silicon finished for 100% waterproof protection.
- For the hammock we use nylon-polyester, which is also coated with PU and silicon finished. Both guarantees a hydrostatic head of 5000mm and is strong enough for some wild adventure.
- Flying tent is characterized by a high degree of functionality, innovation and user-orientation. Due to the light materials and valuable workmanship the flying tent weighs only 4lbs.
- The technically innovative and patented functional design is based on the simplistic functions of throw tents and allows an easy and quick setup.
The Vista Tentsile Tree Tent is a more leisurely version of the Stingray, the roof can’t be fully sealed and isn’t suitable for extreme conditions but it’s perfect for a weekend picnic or sunny adventure.
18. Crua Hybrid Tree Tent – $400
In Tree Tent Conclusion
What a wonderful world of hammocks, hammock tents, tree tents, flying tents and adventure we live in. Do you have a favorite tree tent that we didn’t feature? If so mention it in the comments and we’ll be sure to add it to the next post!